Piano Assessment and Consulting Service
Who should use it?
- You are serious in the investment of your children’s piano education, but wondering about the prevailing teaching strategies.
- You are serious about finding the best possible piano instructor for your child, but do not know where to begin.
- Your child has been learning piano for years, but you see little progress and you wonder why.
- You had been investing a lot of money for your children’s piano education, but the goal of becoming a professional pianist seems unachievable.
- You want to help your child seek advanced level opportunities at a university or conservatory, but lack the necessary knowledge.
- You are a serious piano student and practice hours daily you have become aware that your performance is lacking in many areas.
- You want to participate in piano competitions.
- You have dreamed of attending a music college, university or conservatory, but have no idea how to achieve your goals.
About Dr. Hui Xu
Service Package Includes
A comprehensive report:
- Two Contrasting Pieces
Three demonstration videos:
- One for Scales and Arpeggios
- Two for Contrasting Pieces
Important points needing improvement will be highlighted.
A 45-min consultation:
- Review the report with student/parents
- Answer questions about studying piano
- Consulting for music school selections if desired
How much does it cost?
$299 Package Includes:
- A comprehensive report: identifies every detail (e.g., body & hand position, fingering, dynamics, rest, articulation, tempo, tone quality, phrasing & voicing, pedaling, etc.) that you need to improve. Specific advice is also included to help you hone your skills in an efficient manner.
- Three demonstration videos: when you know your problems, nothing beats videos to demonstrate how to fix the problem, and those videos are recorded exclusively for your specific problems.
- A 45-min consultation: you have lots of questions, this is your time to talk with our piano instructor directly, for any question you may have about piano study.
$100 OFF Requires:
- First-time to use our service
- Like us & share our info on your social media (Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
? Have concerns to spread the words before trying our service? No worry. You can do that afterwards. We have confidence you would love it once you try. We just want more students to take advantage of this tremendous opportunity.
How to use this service?
Just answer following quick questions. We will walk you through the rest.
- Are you the parent or legal guardian of the student? (e.g., yes/no)
- How should we address you? (e.g., Mr. or Mrs. Smith)
- How old is the student at this time? (e.g., 9 years old)
- How many years has the student been studying piano? (e.g., 3 years)
- Please list two contrasting pieces for assessment. (e.g., J. S. Bach: Prelude and Fugue in A-flat major BWV 862; Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23)
- What is your preferred phone number and time for us to contact you?
A quality recording with good video and sound quality is necessary and important for most piano auditions and competitions. A good video will leave a deep impression on judges and give you special advantages for real auditions and competitions. Many piano auditions even require video pre-screening as mandatory.
Do not know how to make a video? We will guide you through step-by-step to help you make it during assessment. This skill may give you advantages for real auditions and competitions. Now just review what we need to record:
One major key and one minor key (harmonic minor) will be randomly picked from Scales. The student needs to play the selected scales in four octaves of parallel motion, contrary motion, third apart, and sixth apart.
One major key and one minor key will be randomly picked from Arpeggios. The student needs to play the selected arpeggios in four octaves of parallel motion, contrary motion, dominant seventh, and diminished seventh.
All 24 major and minor keys.
- Piece1 and Piece2
The student may choose two contrasting pieces from followings, but the two pieces must be selected from different periods and composers.
|Baroque||J.S. Bach (excluding the two-part inventions)|
|Classical||fast movement sonata by Haydn, Mozart, or Beethoven|
|19th/20th Century||Chopin, Mendelssohn, Schumann, Brahms, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, Debussy, Ravel, and Prokofiev|
Congratulations! Once your report is ready, it will be delivered via email. Then a 45-min consultation will be scheduled.
Reminder: You may want to read your report carefully and make a list of questions. A good preparation can definitely help you learn more in the consultation.